Coleslaw is without doubt our number one seller on the salad bar, and it is so simple to make it doesn't really require a recipe, but I found myself in the situation where one of my cooks would go home on leave and the joining cooks coleslaw looked totally different due to the abundance of carrot, so we needed to create a suitable recipe.Coleslaw is mostly white cabbage and although some chefs tamper with the basic concept of what coleslaw actually is I would say keep it simple and to the point and you won't go wrong.
- 1000 grams White Cabbage
- 100 grams Carrot
- 300 grams Onion
- 750 ml Mayonnaise
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage, peel the carrots and onions.
- Grate the carrots
- Shred the Cabbage and thinly slice the onions
- Place the Carrot, Cabbage and Onion in a suitable mixing bowl
- Add the Mayonnaise and mix until all the ingredients are mixed with the Mayonnaise
- Place in a suitable container for service.
Sodium: 126mgCalcium: 14mgVitamin C: 10mgVitamin A: 454IUSugar: 2gFiber: 1gPotassium: 65mgCholesterol: 8mgCalories: 138kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 14gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 2gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!