- 10 kg Whole Chicken
- 5 tbsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 cups Natural Yoghurt
- 500 grams Onion Roughly Chopped
- 80 grams Minced Garlic
- 50 grams Fresh Ginger
- 10 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 12 tsp Garam Masala
- Fresh Coriander
- Raw Onion Rings
- Lemon Wedges
- Place the onions ginger and garlic in a food processor
- Puree the onions, ginger and garlic.
- Add the dried spices and salt,
- Blend the spices.
- Add the food colour.
- Add the natural yoghurt.
- Puree to a smooth creamy texture is achieved.
- Our Tandoori Marinade is not ready
- Place the marinade into a suitable container which is large enough to hold all the chicken.
- It is now time to prepare the chicken
- Cut the chicken into 4 portions removing the the breasts from the carcass so there are no rib bones.
- Remove the skin for the chicken portions.
- Make 3 or 4 deep cuts across the chicken portions.
- Repeat this until all the chicken is cut.
- Have your tandoori marinade next to the cut chicken and add the chicken portions to the tandoori marinade.
- Mix the chicken portions into the marinade ensuring the marinade is worked into the cuts, cover and place in the fridge over night.
- When you are ready to cook your tandoori chicken, place the chicken portions onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Place in a pre heated oven set to approximately 180°C TO 190°C and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken has reached a core temperature of 80°C.
- Serve with freshly sliced onion rings, lemon slices and picked