American Style “Chewy” Chocolate Chip Cookies
These American style cookies are slightly soft and chewy unlike the more crisp British and other European biscuits we are used to, but they have excellent flavour and good eating properties. The actual time these take to bake may vary slightly from oven to oven the longer you bake them the crisper they will become and they will lose their chewy characteristic.
|Cook Time||13 Minutes|
- 900 grams Unsalted Butter
- 600 grams Caster Sugar
- 640 grams Brown Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 3 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1160 grams All Purpose
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1100 grams Chocolate Chips
- 400 grams Chopped Pecans or Walnuts Optional
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the butter with the white and brown sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and add bit as a time to the butter and sugar, beating well in-between to avoid splitting
- Add the vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour and baking powder together with the salt.
- Add the flour dry ingredients to the egg and butter mixture and beat enough to ensure the dough is well mixed ensure you scrape down.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) about half way through mixing.
- Pipe the cookie mixture onto your lined trays.
- Note;- The cookies can be any size you want, the cookie mix does not have to be flat on the tray, as the mixture heats up in the oven it melts and form the familiar cookie shape.
- Bake for about 12 - 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges, be careful not to over bake as they will lose the chewy centre and become crisp like a more standard biscuit.
- Leave to rest for just a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool fully.
Share this Recipe