Sometimes refed to as Braised Rice this rice is simple, convenient and gives great results and is suitable for any dish which requires rice as an accompaniment.
- 200 grams Butter
- 300 grams Finley Chopped Onions
- 1 litre Long Grain Rice
- 2 litres Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Choose a suitable size pot with a lid and place it on the stove over a medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the finely chopped onion and cook without colour.
- Add the rice and cook for several minutes without colour so that all of the rice is coated in butter.
- Add the hot stock and stir to ensure the rice is all separate and free moving and return to the boil.
- Place a piece of greased greaseproof paper in direct contact with the surface of the hot stock.
- Place the lid on the pot and place in the oven set at approximately 180°C to 200°C.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Remove to pot from the oven, remove the lid, and carefully lift the greaseproof paper as the rice will be steaming hot.
- Carefully stir the with a suitable spoon or meat fork to stir the chopped onion into the rice and check that all the rice fully cooked but do not over mix and mash the rice.
- Carefully transfer to a suitable container and use as required.