Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 800 grams Stoned Dates
- 800 ml Water
- 4 tsp Bicerbonate Soda
- 500 grams Unsalted Butter
- 900 gramns Self Raising Flour
- 700 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 12 Eggs
- 600 grams Dark Brown Sugar Light Brown Sugar can also be used.
- 300 grams Unsalted Butter
- 600 ml double Cream or Whipping Cream
- Place the Dates Water and Bicarbonate Soda into a suitable pot and place on the stove.
- Boil for 5 minutes until the dates go soft, the dates will foam as they boil.
- After a 5 Minutes the dates will have dropped and turned to a thick mushy texture.
- Puree or whisk the dates and the water to make a smooth even mixture, then allow to cool for 1 hour
- Sift Flour into bowl and put to one side.
- Place the butter sugar in a large machine bowl with the beater attachment and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and add a spoon large spoonful flour to stop the mixture from splitting.
- Once all the egg has been added add the remaining flour and beat on high speed briefly just to ensure a good mix.
- Add the date puree to the cake mixture and mix well
- Pour mixture into greased lined tins and steam for 1 ½ hours Or Bake 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes or until firm, this will very much depend on your oven.
- The toffee Sauce: Method;- Combine the Butter Sugar and cream in a pan on the stove bring to the boil stirring to a smooth mixture, the longer you boil the sauce the thicker it becomes; it also thickens further as it cools.
- Serve Hot with Custard, Ice Cream or Pouring Cream