- Put the flour and Butter into a large machine bowl
- Rub Fat and Flour together to sandy crumb texture, using the beater attachment on slow speed.
- Put the sugar and water in a small hand bowl just to wet the sugar, we are not trying to dissolve the sugar it just needs to me wetted before adding to the flour and butter.
- Add sugar and water mix to flour and fat and mix until smooth, and as you can see here it will come away clean from thesides of the machine bowl.
- Remove from the machine and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge ready for use.
- When you wish to use your pastry simply remove from the fridge and cut into chunks and slices and it will be ready to use in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sweet pastry being used to line a pie tin.
Production Notes;- This Pastry has a high fat content so it is quite soft when at room temperature and can be difficult for some people to use. In order to firm up chill the pastry in the fridge and as the fat hardens the pastry becomes easier to use. Also during mixing it is not possible to over mix, although extended mixing will produce a soft pastry, again in this case, place it in the fridge and it will firm up for easier handling. Uses;- All kinds of fruit pies, flans, tarts and tartlets, including Mince Pies.