It’s quite a common practice on many ships to buy tartar sauce in small jars, and there have been times when I have carried it on-board, but in recent years we have changed to my version, this recipe has chopped sweet silver skin pickled onions, as well as capers that just seems to blend perfectly giving this sauce the really nice slightly sweet but acidic characteristic that balances perfectly with deep fried battered fish, or any other fried fish.
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 10 Silverskin Onions
- 2 tbsp Capers drained
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Boiling Water
- Place the mayonnaise in a suitable mixing bowl.
- Finley chop the capers, onions and parsley and add to the mayonnaise.
- Add the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce and mix all the ingredients together until evenly mixed,
- Add one or two table spoons of boiling water as required to make a nice dropping consistency to the sauce.
- Serve with any and all types of fried fish.
Share this Recipe